AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on upgrading my 1990's sony GA7ES receiver to a pioneer 1120 in the near future. My speakers are old Celestion SL6si's with a small (mismatched) celestion center, and a polk sub.

Having read about the importance of having a matching center speaker in a HT system, I'm not sure which way to go here. Am I better off to ditch the old SL6's and get new fronts with matching center? or should I just look to upgrade the center speaker with something more appropriate? The problem is I don't know where to find a center channel speaker that would come close to matching the sl6's.

·
Registered
20,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrion /forum/post/19515994

Having read about the importance of having a matching center speaker in a HT system, I'm not sure which way to go here. Am I better off to ditch the old SL6's and get new fronts with matching center? or should I just look to upgrade the center speaker with something more appropriate? The problem is I don't know where to find a center channel speaker that would come close to matching the sl6's.

If you like the Celestion sound - then go to www.ac4l.com and look

at the Celestion speakers. Voiced matched fronts and center, is the

best way to go. Do you have a budget in mind?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the celestions but I'd probably be satisfied with any decent quality speaker. I'm not super picky. I was only trying to keep them if possible due to the cost savings.

My budget isn't restricted, but I'd like to keep it under 2k as I probably wouldn't appreciate anything beyond that price point. My primary use is going to be for HT.

·
Registered
20,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrion /forum/post/19516138

I like the celestions but I'd probably be satisfied with any decent quality speaker. I'm not super picky. I was only trying to keep them if possible due to the cost savings.

My budget isn't restricted, but I'd like to keep it under 2k as I probably wouldn't appreciate anything beyond that price point. My primary use is going to be for HT.

Start with a receiver and since you are not real picky - Go over to
www.htd.com and look at their speakers. They are budget friendly

and sound good for the price.

Onecall.com has the Boston VR series speakers for a good price.
www.onecall.com

Vann's has the Energy RC series and Mirage speakers.
www.vanns.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts