AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have older B&W DM330's that still sound pretty good. Get great levels out of them.

The problem I have is that I just moved into a new loft and when I have my stereo playing even at pretty low levels the bass is reverberating too much into my neighbours unit. To the point they've come over and complained.

We share the wall in which the stereo is in front of and I don't really have another spot to put it.

I had the speakers right on the ground but just recently have raised them off the floor about an inch with some spikes.

Do you think this will be enough to cut down on the amount of bass that is traveling into my neighbours unit or are there other things I can do to solve this problem.

I want to be able to enjoy my speakers and not worry about pissing off my neighbours every time I do so.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,069 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's not going to help. If the back of the speakers is against the wall between you and the neighbors, then the bass from the speakers is going to couple with the wall, making it act like a giant passive radiator into their room. You're going to have to move the speakers to a different wall, do without entirely, or move.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts