AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Klipsch sub 12 that I just purchased. I am using the speaker level inputs and outputs because my reciever does not have a sub out. I had the sub off and not on auto on and my wife decided to put the reciever on to listen to music. To my suprise, music started to play through the speakers and obviously not the sub because it was off. Should the speakers still work if the sub's amp is off? Could it damage the reciever or the subs amp if I run the reciever with the sub's amp off? Is this a stupid question?

·
Registered
16,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crooker1 /forum/post/16917436

I have a Klipsch sub 12 that I just purchased. I am using the speaker level inputs and outputs because my reciever does not have a sub out. I had the sub off and not on auto on and my wife decided to put the reciever on to listen to music. To my suprise, music started to play through the speakers and obviously not the sub because it was off. Should the speakers still work if the sub's amp is off? Could it damage the reciever or the subs amp if I run the reciever with the sub's amp off? Is this a stupid question?

Not really surprising that the speakers still receive a signal when the sub is off. Most subs probably behave this way. The speaker level ins/outs are only pass-through, even if a high-pass is being applied. Nothing electronic going on there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sivadselim. I just found it strange that I heard music coming out of the front speakers. I imagine that the high level pass would not function unless the subwoofer is on. I just wanted to make sure that it would'nt damage my receiver on the sub's amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.