AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small room and my surround sound speakers are wall-mounted about 4 feet above me (near the ceiling). When measuring the speaker distance should I measure from where I'm seated, or just the distance from speaker to speaker.

Example: The back-left speaker is directly above my head so would I measure it as 0 ft, or 4 ft?

I guess what I asking is should I account for the vertical/height distance even though the speaker is right above my ears.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You measure/estimate speaker to listening position as distance - this can be (and usually will be) taken at an angle in two or three dimensions. The really easy/lazy way to do this is to sit/stand at (or near enough, most receivers/processors don't count by the inch) your listening position, and run a tape measure out to roughly where your speaker is - plug that distance into your configuration (or whatever option is closest - if you get 4.8ft, put in 5.0ft etc).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.