AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Lo. I have a two Infinity Primus 360 towers, a PS10" sub and a Primus C25 for the center. I have a 34" Panasonic HD Tube television. My receiver is the Yamaha RXV-650.. And so the problem begins. Whenever I watch a movie loud, the center speaker causes distortion in the picture on the television. It makes ripples down the tv... I have bought a top-of-tv shelf, hoping it would shield the speaker some but have not had great luck. Anyone know how to fix the problem?

David

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Are you positive it is the center? Have you taken the center out of the equation to see if the problem still exists? Normally your mains and center would be shielded not to cause any interference.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If it were me, I would start by removing all magnets (speakers) in the proximity of the CRT. If your problem goes away, you know what's up. If not, then you have a tougher problem to diagnose(for me anyway). Could you describe the "distortion" you see? e.g. rainbow, warped, video noise, lines, etc. "Ripples" sounds to me like a magnet, but you can never tell on subjective terms...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I checked out the Infinity website and found that your mains and center are magnetically shielded, but your subwoofer is not. I'm sure that they'd have listed it as shielded if it is... You should have a look at the proximity of your sub to your TV. I also have a 34" tube and an unshielded sub, which needs to be about 4' away to eliminate distortion.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I've got the same problem with my Infinity Beta 360. Or had, anyway. The problem has gone away over time after I built a shelf above the television.

The speakers are magnetically shielded, but only to a certain degree. The louder you are listening, the more work your woofers are doing, and that's the source of the distortion. You could actually combat this by opening the speaker up and installing some extra shields that are provided by Infinity if you ask them about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.