Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am in the market to buy a good speaker package for my Denon 3802 receiver.

After doing some research, I have narrowed down to two....

1. Polk Audio RM7200

2. Definitive Technology ProCinema 100

I am looking to spend about $1000 - 1200 on my speakers. I will be using them for both watching DVDs as well as CD audio.

Can anyone help me with the speakers or recommend any thing better.

Thanks in advance.

-Pritam

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have not heard either of your two choices, but I can throw out another for consideration. I paid right at 1200 including shipping for a Axiom VP100, two pairs of M3ti's, and a SVS 20-39PC ( B- Stock). IMO this is one of the best setups for the money, but you need to like forward, very defined speakers. Almost bright. I do so I love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify, I am looking for satellite speakers...I dont have space for floor standing speakers.

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Humm....

I haven't listened to these, but have heard good stuff about the Diva 2.1. (I have the Diva 6.1). You might want to call ********** and ask if they have a package for 2 set's of Diva 2.1 speakers, and a Diva C3 for the center. Depending on the sub you add, you will fall around the top of your range.

This is assuming you want a 5.1 set up.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I assume bookshelf speakers are acceptable? If not, I recommend the Encore system mentioned above. You can get it online for $995.

Otherwise, these appear to be the best deal in your price range, in no particular order:

Axiom

M22's or M3's , VP100, QS4 or QS8 surrounds (look at their b-stock prices)

Paradigm

Mini-monitors, CC370, and either ADP170, Titans, or Mini-Monitors for Surrounds

Divas

2.1, center and either R3 dipole or 2.1 surrounds

JBL

S-series - cheaper than the others but very good quality and will leave more for a sub

Subs

SVS 25-31PC (going on sale very shortly)

Hsu VTF-2

Adire Rava

Happy shopping!

·
Registered
404 Posts
norh 4.0 or 5.0 all around

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are limited to sat speakers - it is probabaly going to be tough to find anything that will beat Boston Acoustics in sound quality and value.

Good build quality, GF/Wife friendly (Can be purchased in black or white), great bang for buck package that works for both theater AND music. (Center channel always comes in black.)

You owe it to yourself to go audition them. Good match on the 3802 as well.

The only issue I have with the System 9000's was the sub was pretty weak - they addressed that to some degree with the 9000 II and 9500.

For a great 7.1 setup you can get one of these packages then add a set of the VRS micro dipole surround.

Put the VRS Micros on the surround A connectors and then add the 2 rear speakers from the package to the surround B setup. Then pop in gladiator and experience DTS-ES discrete glory.

Go take a gander at what others have to say on audioreview.com about the boston packages. Most buyers were looking at similar configs as well (Def tech, polk, klipsch, etc.)

-Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
From websites and magazines following are good sat/sub speakers:

KEF KHT2500

Mission FS2-AV

I have auditioned that KEF eggs and am quite impressed with them.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I agree with blane, I think you should check out Boston Acoustics, they have some great sounding bookshelfs if you have the space for them. And they are reasonably priced.

Good Luck,

muzz

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the Def Techs Pro Cinema 100's, and I recommend them to everyone I know looking for speakers.

I upgraded the Center, and the Sub though.

The speakers are awsome. They definitely out way Bostons, JBL, or anything else you find at your local Best Buy. I don't know about the pro cinema 100 package, but I'd recommend upgrading the center at least. I can't remember the model # I went with but if your interested I can check for you. I can't believe no one has heard the Def Techs. The pro cinema 100's are definitely not the best or most expensive but they are far from average in my opinion. I don't think you can beat them for the price.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Sorry but they don't sell Bostons at Best Buy.

muzz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.