AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the initial post, then edit. It crapped out the first time and I lost my message.

Anyways, Here's my room. The walls are 8' tall, and slopes up to 9'. I'm worried that my speakers might be too close to the listeners, particularly in the back row.

Have I screwed up? The surrounds are about 5'6" from the floor, the rears are slightly lower to get below the windows. This might place the speakers less than 2-3 feet from the listeners in the back.

I can raise the rears above the windows, if necessary, and also the surrounds to match. Its not too late to pay the drywall patch guy to fix any boo-boos.

Please comment. (except on the poor dimensional drawing. powerpoint's all I got.
)

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
...and, what are these surround/rear speakers? Monopole? BiPole? DiPole? The rears are too close to the corners of the room, the center channel belongs above the screen.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't bought any speakers yet.

The center could be placed above the screen, if necessary. (I can run the cable from the plate, under the screen, to the speaker)

The rears could be placed inward, if necessary. How far inward?

Moving the speakers a foot or two in any direction wouldn't bother me since I need to run cable from the wall plate to the speaker anyways. I'm mostly concerned about whether I should move the speakers to above the windows. The window bottoms are located about 5'6", the tops about 7"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.