AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have my setup like this currently due to limited space, and most of my listening is for recreational purpose. Any advise on what I can do here to help with my audio set up.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abj101  /t/1522814/speaker-placement-and-rear-wall#post_24489734

Any advise on what I can do here to help with my audio set up.

I can't see enough in your photo to offer much advice, but this will help with general layout:

How To Set Up A Room

This short article is mainly about home recording, but all the same principles apply to hi-fi and home theater acoustics too:

Acoustic Basics

As you'll read, acoustic considerations are more important than pretty much anything else.

--Ethan

·
Registered
12,977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abj101  /t/1522814/speaker-placement-and-rear-wall#post_24489734

I have my setup like this currently due to limited space, and most of my listening is for recreational purpose. Any advise on what I can do here to help with my audio set up.

If you are sitting in that chair between the 2 speakers, and they are facing said chair....you got some work to do.

We're gonna need more info/better pics.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abj101  /t/1522814/speaker-placement-and-rear-wall#post_24496391

That is what you call Near Field Listening! ;-)

It might be the best idea possible, depending on your preferences.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abj101  /t/1522814/speaker-placement-and-rear-wall#post_24496391

Having a reflecting corner directly behind you is about the worse position possible. That focuses all the reflected sound right back at your ears. Focusing (bad) is the opposite of diffusion (good).

--Ethan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bass was too much even with the bass adjustment on the speaker, I decided to turn it around.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Maybe I just do not know enough to understand, but why are you stuck on such "near field" listening.

Space is one thing, but this is not to the point of rediculous for listening? For all that, I would probably just wear headphones.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
You can try the seat with the back to the closet. The hanging clothes give some damping/diffusion behind you.

Another option is the back of the seat flat against the side wall. Most of the reflections bounce sideways.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I would put one speaker on the bed wall closest to the door and the other on the window wall close to the closet.

And think about something on the wall behind you to stop reflections.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
This is an example of what us audiophiles try to get that perfect sound. Experimenting. Have fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts