Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience placing two subs in the corner's (one for LFE and the other for L/R channels) and placing the floor standing tower speakers on top? Is this a no-no or will it work.

Otherwise, based on my configuration, I would have to place the towers in the corner with the subs on the inside (L sub sub R). The L/R cannot be placed in the inside as they would cover the screen.

I have tried it both ways and each has an advantage, but I want to know what others think.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'm a Hokie fan, so I hope it is OK to respond. I personally would stay away from putting floor standers on top of subs. Unless they are very short it will place your tweeters way above your listening position which will reduce your high frequencies (unless the tweeters have excellent vertical dispersion). Also, they may actually fall off if the subs are really cranking. Not to mention, that even just a little shaking by the sub is going to cause the main speakers to bounce around a bit which is likely to muddy up things.

Another problem is that you are likely to accentuate any room mode problems with the subs both in corners in the front.

I have had a similar problem and felt that the subs out of the corners worked best, but it does depend on your room. I put one in front and one in back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MarketingProf,

Actually, I found an improvement in the other sounds by the floor standing being raised higher. The tweeter is probably at or just above head level. I haven't verified yet if the high frequencies do drop off, it just sounds like an improvement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.