Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Equipment -

Sony - 46xbr6

Onkyo Tx-sr606

Kef KHT3005

Sony PS3

Sony Turntable

HD Cable box.

Question - I am in the process of setting up my system again as I am in the process of remodeling the room I have been using. I have attached a link to a pic I made of the room to give some idea of what is going on....

The main concern I have is for the rear speakers...Should I mount them in the corners of the room or leave them by the corners of the couch?

Second - Is it o.k. to have the subwoofer behind the couch?

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ent=MYRoom.jpg

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think I would leave the surround speakers where they are. Although in theory, the receiver should be able to compensate for placing the right surround in the corner of the room, I feel it's always best to place your speakers in as close to the ideal position as possible to begin with, if you have that option. This means your left and right surrounds should be equidistant from your listening position.

As for the subwoofer behind your couch, it's probably not ideal for maximum output. Since this is a bedroom though, maybe you don't needs tons of output? As long as it sounds good there, there's no reason it couldn't be behind you. Depending on your crossover frequencies, you may get a smoother blend to the front speakers were the subwoofer up in one of the front corners. It doesn't look like there is much option for that though, without blocking the closet, foot of the bed, or door (not sure how much to scale your drawing is).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not exactly to scale but it is close. The only other option for the subwoofer would be on the wall to the side of the closet after the bed. There will be a dresser there but there will still be some wiggle room and I can place the sub there. I have cables long enough for either one so I guess its just a matter of trial and error at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts