AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in the middle of remodeling my family room by adding recessed lights and a built-in entertainment center. My question pertains to speaker placement, i have a vaulted ceiling and would like to place in wall speakers in the room. i am curious if it would be better to place the speakers in the curve of the ceiling or the flat area of the wall. Which way would give me better acoustics. I am mainly going to be using the setup for movies, tv, and gaming. The speakers are going to be definitive tech uiw75 in wall speakers. The sitting area is about 8' x 13' the actual size of the whole room is 25' x 13'. so let me know position 1(cieling) or position 2 (wall). Your input would be greatly apprreciated i added some pics to help. I also still need to figure out sub placement , but that will be for later.

If this thread needs to be moved please to do so mods. I feel like i posted in the wrong section

rear speaker wall

[/IMG]

front speaker wall

[/IMG]

Built in cabinet not installed yet

[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
one source of layout information is Dolby Labs and their recommendations for 2.1, 5.1 and 7.1 speaker layouts.

to paraphrase: a typical 5.1 setup: front 3 speakers "tweeters located at seated ear level" and surrounds 100 to 110 degrees with TV at zero degrees and located "slightly above seated ear level"....whatever slightly means.

for some reason I could not view your pictures, but go with the in-wall option and don't put them too high on the wall. http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_e...ide/index.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts