AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm finishing a basement and up to Tape/Spackle while searching for a Audio System... Room is 12X17 With low 82'' ceiling. Kinda small.

I put speaker wires in the wall and after reading a bit here I feel like I did something wrong... I put the front wires in the 2 corners up high. (Center Channel down low below the screen)

Now I'm looking at inexpensive packages like the Energy Take 5.1 and they say not to wall mount those speakers due to rear ports...

Is there a better speaker or should I stick with larger Book case...

OR, Should I just abandon those wires (just cut them short) and I can easily poke thru 2 new Fronts with a wall jack and Use Towers....

* Is it ok to use a wall Jack and plug the Towers into the wall mount?

Do you lose anything with the mount / Jack?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
the typical Dolby Labs setup is "front 3 speakers at seated ear level" - or at least the tweeters are. Surrounds at "slightly above seated ear level" - 5.1 surrounds are really "sides", the rear speakers are added for a 7.1 setup.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/setup/...ide/index.html

You really do not want a huge elevation difference between the left and right front speaker and the center channel speaker - you ears will notice the difference in high frequency sounds as they move across the front soundstage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts