AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm finishing a basement and up to Tape/Spackle while searching for a Audio System... Room is 12X17 With low 82'' ceiling. Kinda small.

I put speaker wires in the wall and after reading a bit here I feel like I did something wrong... I put the front wires in the 2 corners up high. (Center Channel down low below the screen)

Now I'm looking at inexpensive packages like the Energy Take 5.1 and they say not to wall mount those speakers due to rear ports...

Is there a better speaker or should I stick with larger Book case...

OR, Should I just abandon those wires (just cut them short) and I can easily poke thru 2 new Fronts with a wall jack and Use Towers....

* Is it ok to use a wall Jack and plug the Towers into the wall mount?

Do you lose anything with the mount / Jack?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While I'm at it... Any deals out there - I'm thinking of calling up Hsu and seeing what they think of my set up with their small package system and if I should lower those speaker wires.

If I decide to go tower I might look at the Fluance

·
Registered
318 Posts
Rear ports can be affected by sitting too close to the wall but it may not be as bad as you think. Energy makes some good quality speakers. If you are looking for other options. I love the definitive speakers for a small room/budget. Also mirage OS3 speakers are made for corners.

If you want to post some images of the room or a floor plan I could maybe be more helpful.

Your wire should be fine regardless.

If you go with towers ports can still be a problem if you put them too close to the wall.

Are you doing any room treatments? They can really aid in making the room sound it's best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.