AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, thanks in advance. I'm going to place the front two satellite speakers and center speaker on the soffit above the screen in the image below. the left speaker will be all the way on the left side of the screen just above the book of screening. So I place the right speaker just above the right side of the screen? Or all the way to the right of the soffit? The reason I ask is because on the other side of the room it's much wider as you can see in the second image. The rear speakers are apread out more and are place at the edges of where the couch will be. So the screen is not centered in my room as you can see. Should i place my front 2 satellite speakers and center speaker centered on the image or on the wall? Thanks again

Ceiling Room Property Interior design Wall

Room Property Wall Ceiling House

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
Hey, thanks in advance. I'm going to place the front two satellite speakers and center speaker on the soffit above the screen in the image below. the left speaker will be all the way on the left side of the screen just above the book of screening. So I place the right speaker just above the right side of the screen? Or all the way to the right of the soffit? The reason I ask is because on the other side of the room it's much wider as you can see in the second image. The rear speakers are apread out more and are place at the edges of where the couch will be. So the screen is not centered in my room as you can see. Should i place my front 2 satellite speakers and center speaker centered on the image or on the wall? Thanks again

View attachment 632721
View attachment 632729
The screen is high enough (too high, actually ... unless you are sitting on risers), so I would mount the speakers just below the screen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok the options are centered on the screen or the soffet... i got two comments and neither are helpful. Look at the pics, im not going to tear the whole basement appart to move things around at this point lol its an wierd shaped room and im doing what i can with it

I just dropped the screen for the pic, it will sit a little lower but not much due to the extent of lens shift provided by the epson 3000.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have little kids and a wife which wont allow for the speakers lower. In fact im moving the rear speakers up into the top corners to prevent continued complaining lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd take advantage of having a projector & position the front left/right/center speakers directly behind the screen...
As for the wall, all you can do is treat the snot out of it with absorption. DIY panels made from Roxul Safe 'n' Sound Soundproofing Stone Wool Insulation (the only brand I can get my hands on) are safer than fiberglass, cheap & highly effective.
Personally i would center on screen. I dont have any quantitative reason, I just know it would bug me to be watching a move and see the speakers are not centered with the screen.
Cool beans, but there is also a (somewhat) quantitative reason. It's the current best practice for theaters.

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
Ok the options are centered on the screen or the soffet... i got two comments and neither are helpful. Look at the pics, im not going to tear the whole basement appart to move things around at this point lol its an wierd shaped room and im doing what i can with it

I just dropped the screen for the pic, it will sit a little lower but not much due to the extent of lens shift provided by the epson 3000.
On the screen.

And, while you are at it, center the screen between the wall and the soffit. That will allow you to center on both, the front and back speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts