AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am getting a new pro logic IIz reciever. I am wondering how to place the front hight speakers. I have my current front L and R about a few inches from the wall. I have 2 shaelves i am putting up against the wall for the front hight. Will it be ok if those front hights are placed above and slightly behind my front mains. I know dolby says to place them directly above the fronts but i dont have the means to do that.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I did the same when I has PLIIz set up and I really liked it. I had my tower's about a foot and a half from the wall and I had my height speakers mounted to the wall. Audessy or it's equivalent should take care of the distance difference.

I've also heard it's fine to have the heights wider than the mains but it's not good to have them inside the mains. So if you have to compromise there put them outside of your L and R speakers. Also I would try and aim them down to the listening position if it's at all possible. I think CNET had their heights aimed over the listening position and couldn't hear the heights but I had them aimed at the listening position and could clearly hear when they came in and it had a huge effect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts