AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a HTiaB like a*year ago and i dont know if its defective or what, basically when playing games sometimes i get crackling or just flat out fuzziness, today i was playing re4 and at the castle area when they shoot those flaming balls at you the sound just went crazy fuzzy, its only during certain parts of games that you can tell there not working right.

what could cause this to happen? would buying some new speakers fix this or could it be my reciever thats doing it?

·
Registered
27,098 Posts
It is apparent that more dynamic sounds from your game are overwhelming your HTIB.

I would suggest playing games with the mute engaged so as to keep the obnoxioussounds to a minimum!;)

*Actually, time to upgrade the speakers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could i get away with just upgrading the speakers for now or would i need to go all out and get a new reciever along with em?

·
Registered
724 Posts
No way to know without isolating the problem. I would get another pair of speakers (pretty much any will do) and replace the ones that you hear the crackling through. If it still occurs, your receiver needs to be upgraded. If you no longer hear it, problem solved.

·
Registered
627 Posts
You did not mention the volume level. I would do as midfiman suggests and subsitute another pair of speakers if you can. The speakers you get with HTIB are the cheapest available usually to stay within a certain price point. If the receiver can give you at least 30 honest watts per channel then better quality speakers would make a difference.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icechilly
so i bought a HTiaB like a*year ago and i dont know if its defective or what, basically when playing games sometimes i get crackling or just flat out fuzziness, today i was playing re4 and at the castle area when they shoot those flaming balls at you the sound just went crazy fuzzy, its only during certain parts of games that you can tell there not working right.

what could cause this to happen? would buying some new speakers fix this or could it be my reciever thats doing it?
What kind of receiver / speakers do you have now anyway?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the volum on it very low, my mom goes to bed early and thats when i usually play

its a sony HTiaB

i tried switching my left and right speakers around and it didnt really do anything, im still getting a slight crackle out of the left speaker( regardless on which speaker is plugged in) and im getting most of the crackling and popping out of the center speaker, its really noticable when im near fire or theres alot of background noise or especially when i run past a ombie and the sound changes from one speaker to the other.

i did notice however that its stil under warrenty for a another 2 weeks, would something like this be fixable or would they just replace it for me? and how would i go about getting a replacment, whould i go back to futureshop?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Do switch with another speaker known to be good and see if the crackle continues. I will bet that it will and that the problem may well in the receiver. Good to know your warranty is still in effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.