Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'd like to say that if it wasn't for this forum I would be COMPLETELY ignorant to the whole Home Audio/Video thing. I am slowly getting into some quality equipment as I get the cash. Just to give a brief history on my current equipment, I bought this TV @ Best Buy about a year or two ago. I had a Sony HTIB until the DVD/Receiver gave me some problems. I ended up purchasing the two Panasonic devices listed below but now I want some nice speakers to go with it. At the moment I am using the speakers that came with my Sony HTIB until I find some good speakers that I hope you can recommend. I live in a small townhome with a rather small Living room. I have the ability to go up to 7.1 with my new receiver but I only plan on going with a 5.1 configuration 'cuz it would be overkill otherwise. Aside from movies, I like to listen to music of all kinds from Latin, House, Trance to Classic Rock, Jazz, and HipHop. Please advise which speakers would be ideal for my current configuration. My budget can accommodate up to $600. But preferably the $400 range would be nice. Read below for my existing equipment list.

Panasonic SA-XR55 Receiver

Panasonic DVDs97s DVD Player

Toshiba 36AF43 36" Television (NonHD)

XBox with HiDef Cables

Sony VCR (Rarely Used)

TiVo DirecTV Satellite Receiver (NonHD)

Optical Sound and Component Cables already installed

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

·
Premium Member
12,584 Posts
Since you're a Packer fan, I'll respond with a suggestion:

HSU Ventriloquist

I've never heard this system, but it's supposed to be a tremendous value. Good luck.

Craig

(A Packer Fan since the 1954.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip Craig. They look pretty nice and they're just the right size I'm looking for as well.

By the way, I'm a California Packer Fan and will be attending my first Packer game @ Lambeau on 1/1/06 against Seattle. I've gone to a few road games but this will be my first home game. (Tickets are so damn expensive.) But this will be worth it. Go Pack!!!

·
Premium Member
12,584 Posts
Robert,

I'm a PA Packer Fan, but I grew up in Milwaukee during the Lombardi Era. My Dad had season tickets to the "Milwaukee Games," (they played 4 games a year at Milwaukee County Stadium), and he used to take me once in a while, (I had 5 brothers, so we had to share.) I've been a Packer Fan ever since. In fact, my HT is as much a "sports bar" for watching the games as it is a HT.

Based on what I saw last night against the Patriots, it could be a very long season. :(

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.