AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase some speakers to be used for ht and music. Split more to HT probably. I was interested in the Monitor Audio RS6 until I heard that a new model was coming with the RX6.

I now decided to do more research and find out what else was out there. I am using the Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver and need some recommendations.

I can either purchase the RS6 and get the center right away. I auditioned these and really liked them compared to the PSB t45

the PSB Imagine T (thanks to a great deal by a local company)Just the fronts right now and wait to get the center. I was not able to audition these but the place I auditioned the RS6 at (3 hours away) said the Imagine T is between the RS8 and the GS20 in terms of quality.

The PSB would be a few hundred cheaper then the RS6 with the center but I would buy the center down the road along with the surrounds.

or any other option. I do not know if I can wait for the rx6 since I do not have any speakers currently. I have considered the Paradigms but have no where to audition them.

Thanks for all and any advice. There are not many places around me (Cleveland) where I can go to audition speakers. I have considered the B&W 683 but the local dealer is very pushy about them and says that nothing else ever compares.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any advice is appreciated. I know auditioning is the best but when you cannot get all the speakers in the same room at the same time makes it extremely difficult to compare.

I am leaning towards the PSB but the fact that the T45 did not impress me like the rs6 kinda makes me nervous

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbmay98 /forum/post/17029337

Any advice is appreciated. I know auditioning is the best but when you cannot get all the speakers in the same room at the same time makes it extremely difficult to compare.

I am leaning towards the PSB but the fact that the T45 did not impress me like the rs6 kinda makes me nervous

The T45 and the rest of the Image line is being replaced by an entirely new group of speakers: http://www.psbspeakers.com/news/New-...es-of-Speakers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts