AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have some new updates.

Emotiva T1+ Front Emotiva C2 Center Emotiva T0+ Surround Monolith 10 sub Dayton 652 Air Front Rear Heights

Lovin this stuff :)

Thanks Zorba922 for the help

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to Zorba922 for helping me with my choice of speakers.

I have used Bic Acoustech and Jamo and was very pleased but blown away with the speakers suggested to me by Zorba922.
My system is the Wharfedale Diamond 225s (front right left) and the 220s (surround right and left) . The Emotiva C1 center (sound matches perfectly)
Monolith 10 Subwoofer
Also the Dayton 645 air speakers as the front and rear height channels.
20201119_071442.jpg
20201119_071604.jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
20200919_104517.jpg
20200919_110400.jpg
thumbnail (8).jpg

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
Nice setup! That big entertainment center made it very convenient to add those front height speakers.

Just a couple of placement suggestions:

1. I'd pull your front L/R speakers forward so that their front edges are at least flush with the front edge of the entertainment center, or preferably 1-2 inches FORWARD of the front edge of the entertainment center. Ditto with the center speaker...pull it out another 1-2 inches.

2. I'd toe in the Wharfedales, especially the one next to the wall/window...at least 15 to 30 degrees.

3. I can't tell where the sub is in the room from the photo, but if you want to maximize its output I would try placing it as close to a corner as possible.

Reactions: guitarjim

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
Looking good! I'm gonna steal the photo of your C2 sitting on two speaker stands, if you don't mind...this is an option that I often recommend to people. :)

Reactions: ckoons1

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I actually just picked up 2 speaker stands just for the center. Lets me place it exactly how I want.

Reactions: Zorba922

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
PS. A couple of placement suggestions:

I'd turn your rear T0s so that they point at each other instead of pointing at the fronts, which might cause some cancellation. This will require moving the couch a little bit.

I'd also move your front T1s forward 2-3 inches so that their front edges are FORWARD of the front edge of that entertainment center.

I'd toe in that left T1 because right now the wall/window is smothering half of its output. This will require moving the whole entertainment center maybe 3-6" to the right to make space, which will be a PITA but will be well worth it in terms of letting you get the most out of those speakers.

Reactions: ckoons1

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
Or, you could pull out both of the T1s about a foot away from the front wall and toe them in a little, so that their front edges are on the same plane as the front edge of the C2. This will not look as neat and clean as the current positioning, but it will sound much much better.

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
Hope those angled speakers are anchored in some fashion. One little 6.0 earthquake would be a disaster for anyone seated below those speakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts