AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to give some of you props and admit to my own mistake. I've been promoting speaker selectors around here for a while and I have recently realized I was very much wrong. I recently did some remodeling and installed a much better pair of in-wall speakers for the living room tv. I hooked them up temp style to test (which bypassed the speaker selector) and they sounded amazing. After I got the gear hooked back up properly (with speaker selector) they sounded tinnie and less full of life, even with the other speakers in the house set to off. So I ditched the speaker selector.

So anyway, just admitting that I was wrong to anyone I may have argued to about this.

·
Registered
21,745 Posts
I just want to give some of you props and admit to my own mistake. I've been promoting speaker selectors around here for a while and I have recently realized I was very much wrong. I recently did some remodeling and installed a much better pair of in-wall speakers for the living room tv. I hooked them up temp style to test (which bypassed the speaker selector) and they sounded amazing. After I got the gear hooked back up properly (with speaker selector) they sounded tinnie and less full of life, even with the other speakers in the house set to off. So I ditched the speaker selector.

So anyway, just admitting that I was wrong to anyone I may have argued to about this.
I've had one for 20 years, a Niles, and was happy with it but I think its performance has dropped significantly over the years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts