AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be moving into my own house soon (finally buying, no more renting) and I wanted to know what the best/neatest way to set up my speakers were.

Obviously running the lines straight through the wall is best, but that won't be an option (right away at least) for various reasons. I thought I had heard about things you could buy at hardware stores that helped hide the wires, but I'm not really sure what they are or what to look for (does monoprice sell anything to hide wires?).

If anyone could point me in the right direction or offer some suggestions as opposed to me just having lots of wire all along the ground in the living room, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Omni mount makes this .

Or there is this website . They seem to have quite a few options.

Or this .

Or this .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
150 Posts
you can always push the wire in between the carpet and the baseboard and then run straight up inside the wall to the speaker.

Or you could do crown molding in the room and run the wire behind that.

Or you could use flat speaker wire and two side tape and paint the wire to match the wall.

Or home depot sells wire channel that you run the wire inside and paint to match the wall.

If you have a basement, routing everything up the wall through the basement is the best.

Good luck! do you have pictures of your new space?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennektj /forum/post/15582354

you can always push the wire in between the carpet and the baseboard and then run straight up inside the wall to the speaker.

Or you could do crown molding in the room and run the wire behind that.

Or you could use flat speaker wire and two side tape and paint the wire to match the wall.

Or home depot sells wire channel that you run the wire inside and paint to match the wall.

If you have a basement, routing everything up the wall through the basement is the best.

Good luck! do you have pictures of your new space?

No basement in the south, everything is slab.

No pics yet, sorry.

The wire channel might work. The crown molding is something I think I would like to do later on.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE /forum/post/15582350

Omni mount makes this .

Or there is this website . They seem to have quite a few options.

Or this .

Or this .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

RTROSE

I like the wiretacks.

·
Registered
My home theater is a 2.0 1978 "Sears by Fisher" (same as Fisher RS-1030). I love Vintage.
74 Posts
This is what I used for my Home Theater.

http://cableorganizer.com/wire-cover/

It was around $65.00 with S&H to do the whole thing (7.1).

Very nice if you don't want to tear up your walls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts