AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving again and trying to lighten the load, it's way past time to upgrade my setup that I’ve had from college. I have a hodge podge that were purchased back in the day when I worked at an TV/audio store. Wondering what I should leave behind, and what deserves to move with me to be repurposed.

The family room where I’ll have regular TV/Movie viewing which is my real priority. I may setup a home office and repurpose some of these for music. I hope to keep new speakers in the living room under 2K.

I also plan to add a projector and screen for movies in the TV room. I had a Panasonic AX200u projector that got “lost” in the last move and I miss it.

Any suggestions on how to rebuild/repurpose? I hate getting rid of things that work, so my first thought is to buy new speakers for the front three, keep the Boston HD5's for rear surrounds, and use the Infinity's in the office with a new small sub. See, I have a hard time getting rid of things!

Current living room setup:
Denon 2310CI - receiver
M&K S85C - used as Center channel currently (something inside rattles, but still seems to work well)
Infinity RS 325 - used as front left/right
Boston Acoustics HD5 - used as rear surrounds
M&K MX-125 Mk II - sub

Vizio 55”
Tivo Premier - netflix
Mac Mini - pandora / HBOgo / streaming
Playstation - blueray / games

·
Registered
929 Posts
That sounds like a good plan. Keep the Infinity speakers for the office and add a nice integrated amp or stereo receiver for those. Are you thinking a $2000 budget just for the front three speakers or would that also include a new sub, receiver, and surrounds eventually?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That sounds like a good plan. Keep the Infinity speakers for the office and add a nice integrated amp or stereo receiver for those. Are you thinking a $2000 budget just for the front three speakers or would that also include a new sub, receiver, and surrounds eventually?
I'm thinking the 2K would be just for front three speakers in TV/movie room if current speakers are good enough for surrounds. And maybe a small sub for the office could come out of the 2K if there is money left over. I've read a lot over forum posts over the years but never pulled the trigger.

Oh I was wondering if it might make sense to find another M&K S85C to have a pair and dump the Boston HD's. I'm not sure what to do with one M&K S85C...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts