AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do the majority of my TV watching in my bedroom and have been thinking about a speaker set up for a while and I think this is the year that I will go for it. I'm here asking for some basic suggestions. The thing here is that I'm not looking for more than three speakers (left, right and center) and I eventually plan to add a small sub that I can (hopefully) fit under the bed. I don't have plans for a full surround system and my main concerns are that the speakers reproduce clear, crisp sounds and are wall mountable. I am not against a sound bar if that would be a better option for me, but I would prefer separates. I plan to get a quality receiver but my main goal isn't to shake the room with sound; just to have it be good sound. My room is 12' by 18' and my bed is situated right in front of the TV (wall mounted), my distance from the TV is approx. 11' and all components are in a closet. The majority of sound will be from DTV (90%) and Bluray (10%). I have plenty of space to the left and right of the TV (large wall) and would prefer the center speaker to be mounted above the TV.

I don't have a huge budget but, like with everything else, if it's something I like I'd be willing to just charge it. I have a basic open room decor and would like something stylish (round, maybe?) but that's not a necessity.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
depending on what budget range you are looking for (some guideline would help for others looking to supply info) the Focal Sib/Cub2 is a great speaker set. I currently have this in my Master bedroom as the HT. The speakers are stylish 5.1 setup and I have them paired with the Denon 2808CI. A little better than most people have as a bedroom system, but great sounding and unobtrusive. You could just use the front 3 for your setup and use the other 2 as a stereo pair elsewhere, or set up the full surround in the bedroom. Probably looking at around 1k for the 5.1 set, well worth the price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.