AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a Denon 4310 to use as the hub of my 7.1 HT setup. My listening habits are 60/40 for movies/music. I have heard that some speakers while great at movies are not that great for music. I would like to find speakers that can do both reasonably well within a 2k-3k price range ( I woudnt mind cheaper as long as quality of sound is not tainted ). Thank you in advance for all your speaker suggestions

·
Registered
111 Posts
Paradigm Monitor or Special edition Line

Monitor Audio Silver RX line

I'd also say do 5.1 now you'll be happy and get better stuff get the rear surrounds later. That is spend 2-3k on 5 speakers not 7.

I just orders RXs myself.

Also consder Aperion, Axiom and other ID companies. But I didn't audition them but they seem to be popular.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Paradigm Studio 20's

Paradigm CC-490

Paradigm SE1 x 4

That would be a killer 7.1 setup. You would most likely get that for $3K or less from a dealer. If you want real surrounds, go with the ADP-590's, although the SE1's will work great and are cheaper.

Cheaper setup would be to go with the SE1's all around and the SE center. That would run you about $2K

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santapimp27 /forum/post/18238061

Paradigm Studio 20's

Paradigm CC-490

Paradigm SE1 x 4

That would be a killer 7.1 setup. You would most likely get that for $3K or less from a dealer. If you want real surrounds, go with the ADP-590's, although the SE1's will work great and are cheaper.

Cheaper setup would be to go with the SE1's all around and the SE center. That would run you about $2K

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

PSB's Image Series are really nice Speakers and are available with a nice discount from both Saturday Audio and DMC-Electronics.

For instance, the Image T45 Floorstanding Speaker is available for 479 (749 MSRP) at DMC-Electronics. These are cosmetic B-Stocks which means they might have a small blemish on the cabinet. They also sell the matching Center Channel and Surround Speakers.

Here is a Professional Review of the T45: http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/psb_image_t45.htm

PSB really makes great Speakers and Paul Barton is a super talented Speaker Designer. Another great Canadian Company.

Cheers,

AD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts