AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very small, maybe 5-mm long cut in the foam surround of one of the midrange drivers on a speaker.

Two questions:

1. Would this have any impact on the sound?

2. Is there a way to repair this small cut without either replacing the surround or replacing the driver?

P.S. - The speakers are retail value $5,500 a pair and the driver is a 6.9" driver. The replacement cost (material cost) for a new driver is just over $300.

Thank you.

Mike

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneMike /forum/post/0

I have a very small, maybe 5-mm long cut in the foam surround of one of the midrange drivers on a speaker.

Two questions:

1. Would this have any impact on the sound?

2. Is there a way to repair this small cut without either replacing the surround or replacing the driver?

P.S. - The speakers are retail value $5,500 a pair and the driver is a 6.9" driver. The replacement cost (material cost) for a new driver is just over $300.

Thank you.

Mike

Mike,

You can use super glue to repair the slice, and if you can't live with using glue you can contact me for a replacement driver(under warranty). I think you have Contour s3.4's correct?

Mick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.