AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to these forums and needed some advice on speakers. I am purchasing a TCP65VT25 for my bedroom and need some speakers for it. I don't really want to get a additional reciever and I can't really wire the speakers for the rear. Since my equipment is closet it would be hard to get a reciever. I thought about getting a soundbar but I don't think I have enough room under the television as I have a piece of furniture right under. I am looking to get 2 speakers I can put on either side of the tv plus a subwoofer if i can. Is this possible with direct connection to the tv. I noticed that BOSE offers this. Is there other brand I can get and what components additional do I need or is is all sold as a package. Thanks I would like to keep it under 700. Thanks

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
--Does that TV have external speaker connections, or are its speakers internally wired? Or, to ask this another way, are the stock speakers detachable?

--If not, then no, you can't use aftermarket speakers (unless you find some that have both their own amplifier AND an RCA/optical input... very doubtful)

--Even if the stock speakers ARE detachable, it's not a good idea to underpower good speakers, so replacing them would be a bad idea.

--I don't know of any TV's that have a subwoofer output.

--Exactly which Bose product are you referring to?

--Buy a soundbar... It's really your best (perhaps only) option if you're not interested in an actual receiver.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
According to the specs, the TCP65VT25 has a digital audio output jack. You could do something along the line of what a buddy of mine did: He bought a Logitech Z-5500 5.1 system for the budget HT set-up in his apartment. I've heard it and played with it a bit and, for such a compact system, it's quite capable and it sounds suprisingly good.

Just my 2¢...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts