AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade speakers for denon 1913. Currently running 20 yo Bose am7's AND am3's wondering if this new unit would handle a setup begging with Yamaha ns 777 with matching center and rears . Looking for great sound performance with med- low budget. I can purchase a set of the 777 (or a set listed below) free from work points which I am limited on brands to choose from. Saw a lot of great reviews about the 777 but I am questioning if the 1913 has enough juice to produce good quality sound - mainly HT SOME MUSIC.

SOME OTHER OPTIONS ARE: pioneer sp552

Sony ssf7000

Yamaha NSF 150

Pure aqoustics 8f and 6.5

BIC Venturi 6.5

ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED WILL BE

APPRECIATED...THANKS

·
Registered
19,788 Posts
I would lean towards the Yamaha NS-777

After that, Pioneer FS52

The Denon should be fine

·
Registered
29,065 Posts
Any of those speakers you listed should do a much better than the little Bose satellites. The Denon 1913 would have no problem driving them.

If you get the Yamaha NS777 also get the NS-C444 center speaker.

If you get the Pioneer FS-52 then get the C22 center.

I've heard the Sony's before and wasn't impressed at all.

Don't know anything about the Pure Acoustics or Bic Venturi 6.5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I'm leaning towards the Yamaha's with the NS C444 - for the surround should I go with the s-333's ? Any suggestions on a SW.?

·
Registered
19,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryrun  /t/1507375/speaker-upgrade-for-denon-1913#post_24111834

Looks like I'm leaning towards the Yamaha's with the NS C444 - for the surround should I go with the s-333's ? Any suggestions on a SW.?

The NS-333 should be fine

How big is your room - and are you open to where you can get a sub?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am open on purchasing the sub - currently set up in a small room 12x12 room looking for clean crisp bass nothing over powering for @ $200.

·
Registered
19,788 Posts

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryrun  /t/1507375/speaker-upgrade-for-denon-1913#post_24111879

I am open on purchasing the sub - currently set up in a small room 12x12 room looking for clean crisp bass nothing over powering for @ $200.

BIC America F12's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First I would like thank everyone for their input. I decided to go with the yamaha setup ( 777, 444 and the 333) along with the BIC America f12 and I am blown away and extremely satisfied with this upgrade. I was very skeptical purchasing speakers without a dest drive but I read tons of reviews and couldn't be happier with this set up. It has clean crisp mids and highs and the BIC can rattle the house when dialed up. If anyone is looking to add a 5.1 HT avoid satellites all together if you are looking for a movie theater sound experience. These Yamaha's kick @ss combined with the BIC f12

1 - 11 of 11 Posts