AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 2 years (and one lighting strike) since I finished my home theater. It's a 15L x 12W room with a 120" diagonal screen. My current equipment is:

Onyko TX-SR606

Infinity inwalls set up for 7.1

Infinity PS10 sub

Epson Home Cinema 1080

I want to keep the inwall look (it's so clean) but I have unfinished space behind the screen where i could recess the front L,R & Center Channels. I don't want to go crazy with cost but I imagine I could get quite an upgrade in sound if I went with ballpark $1000 speakers over my $90 infinity's...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. It's Behr flat white paint on drywall. which means it's easily adjustable!
I had some left over after painting the ceilings. I figured I'd try it out until I bought a screen. I've been so happy with it that it's been 2 years I've felt no compulsion to buy one.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I'd upgade the center inwall and replace the L/R inwalls with conventional speakers where the tweeter can be placed n the horizontal plain with the listeners ear. It'll go a long way towards improving sound in your space. Better imaging, clarity and if a tower design is used, improved midbass to anchor the action to the screen.

I know you like the clean look of inwalls, but there are some great looking conventional speakers in your price range and the SQ will be magnitudes better than comparable in walls. Something to look at...

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NHT4

·
Registered
534 Posts
With that budget, I'd suggest you look into Triad or Snell, or save a little and look at RBH Sound or James Loudspeakers. IMO any of these four will be a pretty good improvement over your current speakers. Whichever you decide to go with, I'd also suggest an AT screen so you can get the in-wall's up to ear level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.