AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help with speaker wire. I was using monster cable but saw corrosion after 1 year of use.

What speaker wire can be recommended for ref 20, CC 570 and adp 470 for rears. Rears will require 25-30 foot lengths. fronts ref 20 and 570 will be 15 feet lengthes. bi wiring is also an option.

speakers driven by ref50 and sherbourne 7/2100 amp

Sincerely

Mark

·
Registered
609 Posts
I use SoundKing 8 AWG for all my speakers. But that is just me. :D I have had no problems with this brand of wire on any speakers.

(Yes, 8 AWG is overkill, but I got a great deal on it. :) )

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
"I was using monster cable but saw corrosion after 1 year of use"

How does this effect the sound???

John

·
Registered
409 Posts
There are numerous threads on this (somewhat emotional) topic. If you do a search, you'll be overwhelmed.

When I was looking for speaker wire, I ended up using the numerous recommendations to go to Home Depot. They have 12 and 14 gauge in bulk and it's relatively inexpensive.

I opted for the 14 as some folks mentioned that the 12 wasn't very flexible and combined with it's weight, could tend to fatigue and or loosen the connetions in the receiver. The 14 has been terrific.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike69
I use SoundKing 8 AWG for all my speakers. But that is just me. :D I have had no problems with this brand of wire on any speakers.

(Yes, 8 AWG is overkill, but I got a great deal on it. :) )
lol

8 guage is huge!!

But hey if it is cheap. Why not :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.