AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to set up a 5.1 system in my basement. The rear surrounds are going to be a pair of Mirage in-ceiling speakers. I have carpet tiles on the floor & can run the speaker wire under the baseboard molding.

My problem is that I will need a few feet of speaker wire behind the drywall ceiling. My dilemma is that I think in-ceiling speaker wire will be too thick to run under the baseboard.

My simplest choices seem to be just going with regular speaker wire for the whole run OR running regular speaker wire & splicing in a section of in-wall wire for the small portion of wire behind the drywall.

Need to get my Monoprice order in, input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am hoping to avoid splicing the cable as I am not sure that the in-wall cable will fit under the opening at the bottom of my baseboard where the carpet tiles slide underneath.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 /forum/post/19595896

What size wire? I've put 14 ga in-wall wire under baseboards with room to spare.

I went ahead & ordered 16 gauge in-wall cable to run for the surrounds. It will only be about a 30' run & I really don't think 14 would fit. I'll use 14 for the 3 front speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.