AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to purchase a new receiver (Denon AVR-591) and new speakers (Polk RM6750) soon and I was going to get the HDMI cables and speaker wire that I need from Amazon, but I've seen a few threads talking about Monoprice being the best place to get cables and wires.

I want to know if Monoprice's cables and wires are better overall quality or is it because they have slightly lower prices than Amazon? I'll be purchasing 2 HDMI cables and at least 100ft of speaker wire. Is there a general consensus on these forums that monoprice is the best place to go for cables and speaker wires?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Depends on exactly what type of speaker cable you are looking for. There are odd-ball items Monoprice doesn't carry. But yes, if you're looking for HDMI cables, and typical 12awg/14awg cabling,..plenum rated or not, you can be confident the prices are good.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximaniac
I want to know if Monoprice's cables and wires are better overall quality or is it because they have slightly lower prices than Amazon?
Monoprice is a source of generally decent quality, inexpensive stuff. Member experience with monoprice cables has been good. Amazon is a source of unknown quality stuff of unknown value unless you know about the specific brand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.