AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. I am running stereo 3.5mm line from an Onkyo TX 844 to a set of amplified Advent speakers. My problem is how to connect to either the receivers speaker posts, or use another form of output. Can I use the tape record jacks. This receiver has some video jacks, however, the manual makes no explanation on the use of these jacks. If I have confused the issue, that is because I am confused. Earle

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
You cannot connect speaker wire to a signal input on amplified speakers.

Your wording is a little confusing but can you let us know what model speakers you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, let me see; I am running from my receiver approximately 75' to our bedroom. This because I have a reel to reel tape recorder and this permits us to have some extended music. I do not know the model # of the speakers, but I believe they are originally designed for use with a computer. There is left, right, and a Sub woofer. I was of the impression that the tape record jack was an out put jack??? Look, I am 81, and my knowledge of electronics went out with the vacuum tube. I have no problems with the speaker end of the line, it is getting that signal out of the receiver, using what ever adapters are necessary. I wanted to use these speakers because, number one, I already had them, number 2, I can control the volume without running to the receiver. Any of you that are married know that man and women need different volume, and it is better to use the women's preference, more peaceful that way. Earle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.