AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to install my speaker wire in the wall and am looking for a few answers/suggestions.

1. How high should I mount the speakers (5.1 surround)?

2. Any suggestions on how to make a finished look to the wall where the speaker wires come from the wall? Should I install wall jacks or make a discrete hole behind the speaker mount?

I am looking for a neat/professional result. Could anyone give me advice from experience? Thanks

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
your front three speakers should be about ear height when you are sitting down. the rears should be about 6 feet high off the floor.

are you using a bracket or a direct speaker to wall connection ?

also depending on the bracket and how far away it is to the wall.

do you know what speakers you are using ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My speakers are Infinity HTS-10. The HTS-10 includes five identical satellite speakers containing Five 2-Way, Video-Shielded Satellites with Built-in Wall Brackets and an 8", 75-Watt Powered Subwoofer. I got this information from Infinity's website. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
those speakers have some pretty neat bracket designs.

you can mount them either vertically or horizontily.

i would recommend that you mount them all verticaly .

i would also bypass the data outlet and rather go directly out of the wall with the wire.

yes that rear speaker theory also applies to bookshelf speakers.

another rule is that rears should be about 2-3 feet above head height when sitting down. this is to prevent some one from hearing only the right surround and not the left or vice-versa.

in a commercial theater, the surrounds are a good 10 feet high. extreme for home theater, but proves my piont.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.