AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First off I tried to search this as much as possible and went to a local magnolia dealer to listen to some speakers. I just purchased a new place and have yet to move everything in and currently my apartment im at, my bedroom I have a 2 channel set up. 7006 def techs with a avr-2106. Now that I'm moving(no pics yet) I dont have room behind for the deftech bp series. So I decided to do in-ceiling speakers and since they are going to be right above the couch I did CRSTHREE speakercraft speakers.

Here is the dilemma, they sounded great in my opinion. We are going to be watching ton of movies, but im wondering if I should sell my 06's and get 3 aim8three or 3 aim8fours(would go aim8fives but they said 4-8 weeks. Reason to go aims is because of space on the floor. I dont have much room for the front but if I did inceiling everything would be spaced evenly... Tonight I purchased those speakers for rears and a CLR2300.

my option is get all those aims and get a supercubeII or supercubeIII for the room with a 5 speakercraft set up. Will I be better with even distance, if I go deftech the speakers are about 50" apart...If I go inceiling speakercraft i'm about 60-66" apart L to Right ?

just open to suggestions, if you feel I will be fine, I would probably rather keep the towers but if you feel soundstage might be messed up, please let me know.

Thanks everyone,

Craig

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigD28 /forum/post/0

Hello all,

First off I tried to search this as much as possible and went to a local magnolia dealer to listen to some speakers. I just purchased a new place and have yet to move everything in and currently my apartment im at, my bedroom I have a 2 channel set up. 7006 def techs with a avr-2106. Now that I'm moving(no pics yet) I dont have room behind for the deftech bp series. So I decided to do in-ceiling speakers and since they are going to be right above the couch I did CRSTHREE speakercraft speakers.

Here is the dilemma, they sounded great in my opinion. We are going to be watching ton of movies, but im wondering if I should sell my 06's and get 3 aim8three or 3 aim8fours(would go aim8fives but they said 4-8 weeks. Reason to go aims is because of space on the floor. I dont have much room for the front but if I did inceiling everything would be spaced evenly... Tonight I purchased those speakers for rears and a CLR2300.

my option is get all those aims and get a supercubeII or supercubeIII for the room with a 5 speakercraft set up. Will I be better with even distance, if I go deftech the speakers are about 50" apart...If I go inceiling speakercraft i'm about 60-66" apart L to Right ?

just open to suggestions, if you feel I will be fine, I would probably rather keep the towers but if you feel soundstage might be messed up, please let me know.

Thanks everyone,

Craig

You can take a look at my system with my webshots link at the bottom.

In my Opinion going all Speakercraft is awesome. I love my system. Very neutral sounding speakers. Nice full mids. The highs are not forward at all. Clarity is awesome.

You could also keep the towers and install just the surrounds in-ceiling.

I would however kick the idea of getting a Supercube, and go with a SVS subwoofer. I to was going to go with a Supercube Reference. Glad I didn't.

www.svsound.com

anyother questions please ask away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.