Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

Here is my question, I have a 5.1 setup now, but I want to take advantage of the 7.1 setup (I realize not a lot of movies or music support it but hey). I have the two rears mounted on the side walls. I have about a 15foot gap between my couch and the back wall (dinning room). I was wondering if I could use a good pair of ceiling mounted speakers above the couch offeset by about 1-2 feet to the rear as my number 6&7 speakers? Yes/no, tell me what you guys think. Wife won't let me put two more speakers behind the couch, interfer with walking etc...

Thanks

Rhett

·
Registered
726 Posts
Several people on this forum have ask a similar question. Perform a search and read about some of the dealer responses. I have several friends who have ceiling mounted speakers because of room configuration. I've always wondered about the sound coming from above.

You might consider mounting your speakers using some type of "drop" support.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have my rear speakers in the cieling and they sound fine. Not localizible at all but clearly there. Perfect. Go for it. I have mine a little less than equal to the distance of the sides to the fronts and the same width apart.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I am off to buy some ceiling speakers... Well at least put them on my christmas list! :)

Thanks

Rhett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.