AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put together a sound system for a float in a Mardi Gras parade. The float is roughly 15 feet wide and 40 feet long, holding 28 people. We will probably play all of our music from an ipod, but I would like a system that is loud enough for the float members and for the crowd to hear. (It doesn't have to overpower the crowd or anything, though.) The speakers need to be mountable, and the float runs on a generator (not sure what type or its specs). Other considerations are that it needs to be heard above a tractor that is pulling it, a generator, and the crowd. Any suggestions for type of speakers, amp (and your opinion on whether one is necessary), and stereo receiver/mixer. I'm trying to stay within a budget of $1000-1500, although I know that may not be possible. I know nothing about outdoor speakers or using a mixer vs. a receiver, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You might want to rent a P.A system. Something from Peavy etc.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirsty /forum/post/15547453

You might want to rent a P.A system. Something from Peavy etc.

Agree, also they are easy to find and inexpensive in the used/trade-in market. Peavey, EV, Yamaha, Cerwin Vega are some of the brands that come to mind. Also Peavey amps are fairly inexpensive and powerful, get an inexpensive DJ mixer to connect your IPod to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts