AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have finally decided to invest in a decent sound system for my apartment.

Due to size restrictions in my TV stand, I have decided to purchase a Marantz NR1602. I also have a 40 inch Sony Bravia LCD TV.

I am trying to figure out speakers I should match with this receiver. The issue is the acoustics in the room. There are "outcroppings" on either side of the TV, where the TV and stand are in the recessed part. Above the TV are two windows that extend to the ceiling. The ceiling is actually the top of the entire apartment (including loft bedroom). The living room, where the couch is has a ceiling which is the bottom part of my loft bedroom.

I have about 2 ft on either side of the TV in the recessed area, which is where I am wanting to put the front speakers. My TV is about 7.5 feet away from where I sit and there is about 2.5 feet from the couch to the back of the room.

I have heard that Mirage speakers would be good for this room and also Definitive Technology.

I was wondering thoughts on those. But with the extra 2 ft on the side of the TV, would floorstanding speakers make more sense?

This system would be mostly for streaming music to, for my PS3 and for movies. I am looking for either a 3.1 or a 5.1 system. I am still trying to figure out how to run the speaker wire for the rear speakers, but that is not an issue for my decision.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Good news is, the alcove where your couch is, underneath the bedroom floor, may not get first reflections from the front speakers.

Could you post a photo or two of the space?

How about on-wall speakers on each of the two outcroppings either side of the media center?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.