AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace some old speakers in a bar I work at. There are currently four MTX larger box speakers in there. Not sure what the brand is, wattage or anything on these guys, just that the tweeters are shot. I was told to check out outdoor speakers, the Klipsch aw-525's were mentioned. Will these produce much bass? Should I stick with larger floor speakers that I can attached to the ceiling? Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Gareth

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
How big is the bar? How loud do you play the speakers? What amp is used to power them? Are they subjected to a lot of abuse?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say the bar is approximately 40' x 80'. The music is played pretty loud in there. The internet jukebox is used to power the speakers and looking online I think that is between 600w and 1000w. I wouldn't say they are going to be subject to much abuse like water or temp change, but smoke if that can damage them.

HTH,

Gareth

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'd probably be looking at pro sound/DJ type speakers, 40' by 80' at high volumes is a pretty tall order. If the sound of your current speakers was OK (before the tweeters fried), you might look into going with another set of those.

Here's an MTX DJ speaker that might be a good solution, though you don't specify budget: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=245-800

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that link, those look nice. After further review, the bar is closer to 30' x 65'. How many speakers would be good for this space? Should they face each other across the 30' spread or all on the same side?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts