AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted a thread a few months back and didn't get any replies so I thought I would try again. My father passed his serviced Pioneer VSX-29TX to me and I am looking for a set of 5.1 speakers. I have read that this receiver pushes 120 wpc at 6 ohms. I have a set of Bose Am 10 II that are rated 100 wpc at 6 ohms and was curious whether or not I could use those. Please note...I am a noob...and am asking the question to the experts here so that I might get a little direction. I hate to hurt this receiver...this was his baby. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think the speakers you have should not hurt the receiver, many here will tell you though that bose is not a very good speaker. There is lots and lots of different speaker companies and each person is different when it comes to sound so only your ear will be able to tell you what you like.

You may be perfectly happy with the speakers you have so i say hook them up and see what you think, im pretty sure nothing will be harmed although others may chime in with more information. If you dont like what you have give us a budget for some front speakers and you will probably get many suggestions of speakers to check out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input...we never really like these Bose speakers...they have been in a closet for 4 years. This setup is in my den...10 x 16 so not looking for much. Just a little something better than what is coming out of the Aquos speakers....they are pretty bad. Thanks again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anytime, that is understandable. If you decide you wanna spend a couple hundred for some nice floor standing speakers there is a lot of choices out there, The infinity p362 get a lot of praise on here and are pretty cheap i think like 300 a pair...not positive though. You can definately get a very nice setup for fairly cheap but until you fell the need to upgrade enjoy what you have!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts