AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my current setup and am looking for speaker advice. The base of the system will be a Pioneer VSX-1120. The speakers will be powered off of the Pioneer for the immediate future until funds allow a 5 channel or 7 channel amplifier. I am leaning towards buying a decent front set of a left, right, center, and sub. I have several sets of low end speakers to draw from for rear channels that will be fine for the time being.

I liked the look, specs, and price of the Energy RC-30's and was wondering if others could advise on either a center channel for the setup or an entirely different setup similar in price to the RC-30's. Assume a price range of 200 per speaker max.

The room the system would be in is not immediately a concern because I will be moving twice in the next year before settling in the future. I am merely looking for a good midrange quality setup for use for many years to come.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the LCR would be great but it is well outside of the price range I was intending to work around.

Would the Mini CC complement this setup or would a more beefy center be optimal.

Any other recommendations? Would like to spend less than 800 for a 3.1 setup. Thinking the BIC F12 for a sub and leaning heavily towards the RC-30's.

System will be used for 90 percent movies/gaming and 10 percent music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.