AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI appreciate your advice on what speakers give best sound "quality" with this reciever, I am not a fan of "high" volume, I am always on the the (-) minus side of the Db

I have medium room and mainly playing Movies and PS3

size of speakers is not a big concern, but the smaller the better.

I am loooking for 5.1 setup and my budget is around 600$

I was thinking for Bose acoustimass 10 or 6 speakers but I read in this forum they are over priced for quality

so what do you think

·
Registered
229 Posts
I too am looking at upgrading from my Yamaha RX-V800 to the RX-V667. At some point down the road next year, I will also be looking at new speakers.

Currently, I am intrigued by the Pioneer Home Theater Speakers SP-series.

Even though I have a pair of 26-year old Bose 301's, I would avoid Bose like the palgue. VERY overpriced and under performing, IMO.

I wish I had the $$ for B&W Nautilus. Oh well.

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsalem /forum/post/19640304

HI appreciate your advice on what speakers give best sound "quality" with this reciever, I am not a fan of "high" volume, I am always on the the (-) minus side of the Db

I have medium room and mainly playing Movies and PS3

size of speakers is not a big concern, but the smaller the better.

I am loooking for 5.1 setup and my budget is around 600$

I was thinking for Bose acoustimass 10 or 6 speakers but I read in this forum they are over priced for quality

so what do you think

I wouldn't get Bose but w/o a budget nobody will be able to help you.

Do they need to be Bose sized satellite speakers or can you have bookshelf or floorstanding speakers?

How big is the room?

what % of movies vs music will you be using this system?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19640365

I wouldn't get Bose but w/o a budget nobody will be able to help you.

Do they need to be Bose sized satellite speakers or can you have bookshelf or floorstanding speakers?

How big is the room?

what % of movies vs music will you be using this system?

I can go for bookshelf or even floor standing, no preference to Bose sized speakers

my Budget is 600$ (USD)

room is 6 x 5 Meters

I use HD Movies and PS3 gaming much more (like 80%) while only 20% for Music.

I need sound quality/clarity/effect rather than high volume.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19641683

Are you in the USA, Canada or ?? You said 6 x 5 meters so I suspect you are not in the US.

Don't want to start pointing you to speakers you can't actually get.

I am not in US, I am at Middle east, but we have everything here (well, almost everything) beside I can buy online anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19652157

yes, but not everybody ships to the midde east. And long distance shipping will definitely tack some $$ onto your budget.

Hi,

please I appreciate your advice on the speakers, specially if you can give me few options to choose from.

let me worry about how to buy them, I do lots of travel to Europe and little to US due to my regional Job role, beside, we have almost everything in here.

appreciate you focus on the speakers,

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.