AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Looking to upgrade my system. I am planning on getting the Yamaha v465 Receiver and am looking at a speaker set in the vicinity of $500.

I was looking at the EMP ECA-4 Series 5.0 recommended by audioholics but then Id have to get a subwoofer.

I am looking for recommendations considering these speakers and/or if there is anything else out there comparable in the same price range (With or without subwoofer) I also looked at the Klipsch quintet series.

Pretty newbie to the technical terms but I want an impressive sound upgrade from my current HTIB where I can not hate my subwoofer rattling and not have the voices from the center channel vary in quality depending on the channel or dvd.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Although it's about $83 north of your stated budget, you could do what I did:

4 x Polk Audio R150 bookshelf speakers (L/R/SL/SR) for ~$200 shipped at Crutchfield

1 x Polk Audio CSR center (timbre matched to R150s) for ~$100 shipped at Crutchfield

1 x BIC Acoustech H-100 for ~$283 shipped at Overstock

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsurd2 /forum/post/17051078

Although it's about $83 north of your stated budget, you could do what I did:

4 x Polk Audio R150 bookshelf speakers (L/R/SL/SR) for ~$200 shipped at Crutchfield

1 x Polk Audio CSR center (timbre matched to R150s) for ~$100 shipped at Crutchfield

1 x BIC Acoustech H-100 for ~$283 shipped at Overstock

You never heard this form me but... you could get the H-100 from http://acousticsounddesign.com for $250 with using the Best Offer option.

Just mention you were referred from AVSForums and they should except it for $250 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts