AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've got 7 Infinity Primus 150's, and I don't know where to put them. They're big, 12-3/4 x 7-3/8 x 10-1/2 inches. So I' don't think I can hang them from the ceiling.

The soffits drop to 7 feet, so there is no way I can hang them from the soffits.

Also- You'll see the dimensions of my room are awkward, so I'm not real sure where to mount my back speakers.

I thought about doing columns, but those would stick out too far for a narrow room. I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated. I thought about placing the speakers on/in the soffits and angeling them downward, but I don't know how well that would work, and how good it would look.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Erskine /forum/post/19627828

I can see two choices off the top of my head:

1. Get speakers appropriate to your room; or,

2. Get a room more appropriate for your speakers.

Why did you end up with such large speakers for a small space?

Wasn't really thinking about it. I got them for like $20 a piece. Too late to get new ones now. I think if I make a speaker backer box, cut out the wall and place it in there, then put in small columns, it will work. I guess were about to find out

·
Registered
999 Posts
Check out my room (see my signature). I have pretty large surround speakers (Energy RC-10's) and I mounted them about 1.5" off the walls. They do stick out into the room, but I don't really care.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Why not an DIY AT front wall and screen? If you give up one of the rows of seating, you could also hide the rear speakers in an AT space. That would hide five of your speakers completely, plus sub/subs.

My room is smaller but 1.5' longer. My 2 subs are 37" x 22.5" x 18" and my front and rear speakers are 26.5″ x 12.25″ x 14". Side surrounds are still undecided. Smaller dipoles would work.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I don't know where the stairs are, and if the water pump closet could be rebuilt smaller, but could the room be flipped end for end? The water pump closet could be hidden in a deep AT space. One end of the AT wall could be a fabric covered frame hinged, as a "door" for access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.