AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a Yamaha DSP-AX757SE and I have a slight problem I need to solved, I want to basically have setup in two different rooms sets of speakers.

In the one room I want a 5.1 setup of speakers, and in the other I want a stereo setup. With these speakers attached to my amp. They will recieve the sound from a single optical source that will go into the AMP.

What ideally I want is to be able to have both on at the same time, however this is probably not possible, but I would settle for being able to switch between the two using the AMP.

Is this possible, or do I need to do something else?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_galway /forum/post/0

Hi I have a Yamaha DSP-AX757SE and I have a slight problem I need to solved, I want to basically have setup in two different rooms sets of speakers.

In the one room I want a 5.1 setup of speakers, and in the other I want a stereo setup. With these speakers attached to my amp. They will recieve the sound from a single optical source that will go into the AMP.

What ideally I want is to be able to have both on at the same time, however this is probably not possible, but I would settle for being able to switch between the two using the AMP.

Is this possible, or do I need to do something else?

Yamaha DSP-AX757SE does not have multi zone capability (RX-V757 has it), so IMO, your only option is using B speaker terminal at the back of the receiver. This way you will be able to play either A speakers (main room with 5.1 or 7.1 setup) or A+B speakers or only B speakers. Only thing you will not be able to do with this type of setup is - play 2 different sources at the same time in 2 zones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by axs /forum/post/0

Yamaha DSP-AX757SE does not have multi zone capability (RX-V757 has it), so IMO, your only option is using B speaker terminal at the back of the receiver. This way you will be able to play either A speakers (main room with 5.1 or 7.1 setup) or A+B speakers or only B speakers. Only thing you will not be able to do with this type of setup is - play 2 different sources at the same time in 2 zones.

Thanks for the information so, let me get this straight I can do the following:

Either have speakers A or B on, so if speakers A were in the living room, I could have just those on. Or if I wanted I could turn the B speakers on in another room say the bedroom.

Or if I wanted to I could have both A and B on at the same time from the one sound source? So in effect I could have the same music play in both rooms at the same time?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_galway /forum/post/0

Thanks for the information so, let me get this straight I can do the following:

Either have speakers A or B on, so if speakers A were in the living room, I could have just those on. Or if I wanted I could turn the B speakers on in another room say the bedroom.

Or if I wanted to I could have both A and B on at the same time from the one sound source? So in effect I could have the same music play in both rooms at the same time?

Thanks again.

That's correct. You should be able to select A/B or A+B speakers from the remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.