AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Does anyone know a website that will have a list of all the speaker manufacturers made in the U.S.A? I was doing searches online and found nothing. There are so many speaker brands out there and would like to know what's out there. I know Definitive Technology and Atlantic Technology are made in the U.S.A. I know there must be more made in the U.S.A.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Klipsch Heritage.

Klipsch RF-5, RF-7, RF-63, RF-83, and RC-64.

I'm sure the Klipsch Palladium are too made in the USA.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Some JBL models are made here, others in Mexico, China, Europe.

Most, if not all Revels are US made, Infinity, like JBL, is probably a mix.

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
I'm almost certain the vast majority of Def Tec speakers are NOT made in the United States.

Every single one of them are made in China if I'm not mistaken.

I would be flabbergasted to learn of FIVE US owned, R&D'd, and manufactured loudpseaker companies that produce a decent amount of speakers.

Simply the way things work now.

James

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign /forum/post/16981492

Hi all!

Does anyone know a website that will have a list of all the speaker manufacturers made in the U.S.A? I was doing searches online and found nothing. There are so many speaker brands out there and would like to know what's out there. I know Definitive Technology and Atlantic Technology are made in the U.S.A. I know there must be more made in the U.S.A.

Thanks for your help!

I probably shouldn't ask this question but.....Why?

·
Registered
15,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe /forum/post/16981623

I would be flabbergasted to learn of FIVE US owned, R&D'd, and manufactured loudpseaker companies that produce a decent amount of speakers.

What's a "decent" amount?

I think there are more than five(depending on quantity sold) amount that assemble and test their speakers in the US, but parts come from all over the world.

Ascend Acoustics is an example. R&D/design, assembly, and test/QA are done here in California, but the parts come from Europe and Asia.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Add Orb Audio to the list.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
I know this isn't speakers, but this picture was pretty funny.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello Espo77,

I am asking because I thinking of starting my own business of creating some of the most beautiful speakers out there. I am also looking to see if anyone would also join with me as well.

I have an Industrial Design degree. What is Industrial Design? Industrial Designers can design just about everything around you such as Cars, Toasters, Furniture, Dishwasher, TVs, Stereo Equipment, Phones, Remote Controls, Computers, and even speakers. Look around your home, everything you have in your home are made by an Industrial Designers. Not all designers can design products that can please everyone. Some products out there may look ugly to you but not to others. I am more of a Contemporary designer. I want to create speakers that are more modern aesthetics.

I am able to create each design by using CAD software tools which produce 2-D as well as 3-D rendering for realism images. By using these CAD software tools, I can make speakers to any finishes or textures such as wood, Glossy Paint Finish and Metal. There is no restriction of what kind of textures I can create with the CAD software. Besides using CAD tools, I can also do hand illustration to create mock ups before putting the design into CAD programs for the final stage of the design process.

The skills that I don't have in order to create speakers are Wood working and electrical components. I am looking for people who can work well with wood and putting parts together extremely clean. No glue dripping down the speakers when finished.

I am also looking for people who know a lot about speaker drivers, electrical components and wiring and connection.

I won't go too many details but if any of you, who might be interested, please send me an email. I have created an email for just this subject and I recommend those who would like to participate, create a new email account just to be safe. Here is my email account:

[email protected]

You don't have to give out your whole name is you don't want to. You can use JUST your first name or nickname. It should be a lot of fun if people out there are willing to join this venture. But for now, we can just talk and see if we can make it into reality.

I also have an IT background of Web Design and Development. So, if it works out, I can design our business website with no cost.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
I have a list of speakers, compiled over a month's time by a fulltime employee, showing country of manufacture, but I won't post it because it isn't totally accurate. That is because half the companies lie about where their stuff is made. Hardly anything is made here. Def Tech and Atlantic have fine products, but they are not made or assembled in America.

Most of Triad's speakers (75 current models) are designed and manufactured in Portland, Oregon. (Four ceiling speakers come from China.) Our sub amplifiers are made in Canada.

So...you're aware that speakers are generally not made out of wood, but MDF? Wood is not a good material for a speaker enclosure, unless it's a multi-ply. And do you have CNC routers? MasterCam? A testing facility? Are you not aware that speaker enclosures are not glued on the outside?

I'll tell you how to wind up with a million dollars in the speaker industry...

Start out with TWO million...

1 - 20 of 92 Posts