Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops - those links don't work.

One of them is " pair of FACTORY REMANUFACTURED Infinity ENTRA® ONE BLACK 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers with a 6-1/2" video-shielded woofer." There isn't a reserve and I have no idea what's a fair price for them.

The other is a "1 Bose Double Cube Speaker Series III Black". It has a "buy it now" for $75, and I'd need two of them.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
OneCall had these on sale last week. The Infinity Entry One speakers sold for $159.92 a pair + plus shipping. If you are going to bid on them via Ebay, make sure you adjust your bid accordingly to reflect that you are bidding on such speakers. I'd say $100 a pair - tops. Plus, I hope that the seller isn't going to sting you on over-inflated shipping charges for shipping them.

Best of luck !! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you want cheap and reasonable, go for the Wharfedale diamond 7.2s

There is a place selling them for $60 a pair new, another for $52 remanufactured. I'd stand them next to little Bose speakers any day...

I have a friend with 4 plus an emerald center and a HSU sub (that I sold him when I got a VMPS Large) - total cost to him was $650 all up - 400 for the sub.

He replaced a set of energy sub/sat speakers and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
184 Posts
the auction i was talking about ended this afternoon.

try this one instead.

caveat - i just did a search on ebay. i have no idea what the status of the speaker really is...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got a set, new in unopened box for $60 off ebay.

My 42" plasma is on a Bello stand that has shelves under it. Should I sit them on the stand under each end of the plasma, or should there be more separation? Will they go on stands?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Normally everyone recommends at least 6' seperation between speakers to resolve stereo (wider is better).

I know they'll sit on stands. If you have stands already, I'd stick with them and put as far apart as possible. If not, try them on the shelves before spending any more money. If you can live with it like that, keep it that way.

Unless you know you will be buying bookshelf speakers when you get your 'real' setup, why pay another $60 if you are happy with the sound like that. If you aren't, then that's another story...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brick33308
I just got a set, new in unopened box for $60 off ebay.

My 42" plasma is on a Bello stand that has shelves under it. Should I sit them on the stand under each end of the plasma, or should there be more separation? Will they go on stands?
You bought 60 dollar speakers to compliment your Plasma?

Don't you think that is UNDERkill?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it's underkill. But considering that I just bought the plasma, DVD player, Bello stand, assorted cables, and also need to buy the HD Tivo when it comes out early next year, the $60 speakers will enable me to get buy until my available cash is replenished and I can afford to spring for a killer surround sound system including receiver.

Of course if you'd like to donate to the cause, I'll gleefully accept. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.