AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Since my home has a pretty good sound system already, I've decided to do some upgrades to the car. Well, it's not acutally mine, it's the wifes. I drive it more then she does. I recently sold my car/toy.

It's an 07 CRV with out Navi. I have some what of an idea of what I want. I want a clean set-up with a bit more bass at low to moderate levels. Price is not set yet, but want to see what's out there. Meaning no hacking out door panels, different speaker grills, hole in dash boards or tweeters sticking out of every door. No big box subs. We need the trunk space. I want to do as little work as possible. Keep in mind, I don't want to void the any warranty. I'm not sure if changing speakers can void warranty. I have to ask.

I want to keep the stock radio and just change the door speakers. Factory replacement. If I need to get a amp, I can put one under the driver seat. I went to Crutchfield and found replacements. That come with crossovers and seprate tweeters. Or, should I just get a amp, and two rear door speakers instead? How will the stock radio power the amp and speakers? Are there RCA or use existing speaker wire?

Sorry about the long read. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 /forum/post/17027971

Hi everyone,

Since my home has a pretty good sound system already, I've decided to do some upgrades to the car. Well, it's not acutally mine, it's the wifes. I drive it more then she does. I recently sold my car/toy.

It's an 07 CRV with out Navi. I have some what of an idea of what I want. I want a clean set-up with a bit more bass at low to moderate levels. Price is not set yet, but want to see what's out there. Meaning no hacking out door panels, different speaker grills, hole in dash boards or tweeters sticking out of every door. No big box subs. We need the trunk space. I want to do as little work as possible. Keep in mind, I don't want to void the any warranty. I'm not sure if changing speakers can void warranty. I have to ask.

I want to keep the stock radio and just change the door speakers. Factory replacement. If I need to get a amp, I can put one under the driver seat. I went to Crutchfield and found replacements. That come with crossovers and seprate tweeters. Or, should I just get a amp, and two rear door speakers instead? How will the stock radio power the amp and speakers? Are there RCA or use existing speaker wire?

Sorry about the long read. Any help would be great. Thanks!

If you want better sound then somebody will have to hack your car for better audio. It can still look stock after the works done. I would save up some bucks and do it right the first time. Honda's stock speakers are cheap alpine junk. This is what was in my 2008 Pilot before the sub upgrade on the right. (it had to fit in the same location "added spacer")

Paper cone 30W speaker VS MTX Thunder T4510-04

In factory location.

I would upgrade every speaker with the best up front and add a sub amp with a shallow 10" sub box in the back to save space. Then later if you want a HU upgrade it's easy. With good full range fronts and some sound dampening in the doors you can have good bass without a sub.

·
Registered
616 Posts
keep all factory speakers for now and add some bass. then see if you need to update speakers.

just go buy a line out converter (LOC) and connect this to your rear speakers. buy an infinity basslink II. run a set of rca cables from the LOC and find a switched power source and run a line via t-tap or some other hook up. that basslink II set up has a built in amp and takes up minimal space.

description of basslink II here:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xxVsmqV...ssLink-II.html

can find in other locations online.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
610 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts