AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying the Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY this week, but I'm stuck on one issue. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

Here's my problem; I'm totally blowing my budget on the display and looking for an inexpensive solution. The options I am looking at are:

1) Buy the Panny speakers (approx $600)

2) Buy a cheap Home Theatre in a Box (around the same price point)

3) Buy a pair of (non-Panny) speakers to attach to the display

I'd love to purchase something that I wouldn't throw away in a year from now, but could use in the system. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
OK, this is just a shot in the somewhat 'dark'.

On Sears website, in their 'clearance center' they have been listing some TY-SP42PWD3 42" speakers for about 1/3 the price. They will be shorter in height. What I am not sure about is whether the mounting brackets are at the same spacing on the 42" vs. the 50" models.

If you can go and find a 50" Panny and a 42" Panny and look / see / measure the mounting holes, then that may answer that question.

You may or may not like this Idea, which is fine, I only offer it as a 'inexpensive possible' solution.

There are several choices for HTIB, and other plasma friendly speakers in the speaker forum. Recent threads, too.

Do you already have a AV Receiver?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Brucer for the quick reply and thoughtful suggestions. I think if I were to go with speakers other than the ones made for that model, I could get a better value by looking in the speaker section as you suggested.

I didn't realize HTIB solutions were in the speaker section, I will check there as well.

And no, unfortunately I do not have an AV receiver yet either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is unclear whether these speakers will work on the 42" 6UY. I checked out sear's website, then the Panasonic website and it lists a different product number that they are compatible with (PT-42PD2).

Does anyone know if these speakers will, in fact, work with the 6UY?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoffNet
It is unclear whether these speakers will work on the 42" 6UY. I checked out sear's website, then the Panasonic website and it lists a different product number that they are compatible with (PT-42PD2).

Does anyone know if these speakers will, in fact, work with the 6UY?
Yep!

Please note (scroll down) on this list the discontined TY-SP42PWD3W (speakers for PWD3 & PWD4) is replaced by TY-SP42P5WK (speakers for PWD5 & PWD6)

http://www.panasonic.com/cctv/resour...d_products.asp

·
Registered
8 Posts
check dell. I just ordered a 42" 6HD from them and asked the sales rep for what accessories they have for the model. He told me he has the 42" speakers (for Panny by Panny), althought couldn't give me the manuf part number. The speakers were not listed anywhere on the website, but were in his system for 1/3 of the prices above... and this is before we got to the coupons, free shipping and no sales tax. Today I called Electrograph (who actaully handles all the panny plasmas for Dell) and they confirmed that the speakers they're shipping are indeed TY-SP42P5WK (speakers for PWD5 & PWD6)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Really,

If you can get 'em at 1/3, then do it, cause if you look under the Healthcare Plasma Accessories they are listed for the full rate:

Listed under the "Electrograph" name

Dell Part #: A0099097 | Manufacturer Part #: TY-SP42P5WK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.