AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this japan stereo amp yamaha ax-500 gave by a friend, when i first use it i didnt notice anything unusual(the amp is 100v i did plug it in 110v). the next day it made a static and popping sound but not very loud i can still listen to my music it only appears when theres no sounds coming from the source, you can here it i think every 2-3mins and it will gone and then came back again. even when theres no source connected it will appear. i try my speaker in my avr and everything seems to be fine. i just bought today a stepdown transformer for this amp.

I also took some pictures inside the amp.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I've asked a few technical questions like this on this board that went unanswered. Most of the people here are consumers, not engineers. I'd take it to an electronics repair shop and have them try to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I think of static I think of something like dirty contacts in a dial or something like that. I don't know the technical term for it though. You might pull any knobs off and clean around and inside it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.