AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. well i have a friend that me and him go back and forth on competing in speakers likes who's has better bass mostly. today he bought 2 pro studio speakers that have 2 15 inch subs in them. that's 4 15 inch subs together. they are like dj speakers. and he is only using a receiver that pushes out 400 watts. i have a Sony 12 inch powered sub that's it and so far I've been beating him until now. what the heck can i get to beat him that's not costly cause his speakers were only 100 and they are about 70 pounds and HUGE!!!!!! PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
First he doesn't have a receiver that "only" puts out 400 watts unless it is supposed to be 80 watts/channel/5.

Second, do you really care since those "bargain" speakers he has most likely sound like total crap?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Buy a used set of PA speakers like he most likely did. check Craigslist if in the USA and near a major city.

If you want your sound system to sound good as opposed to bass-heavy (read "inaccurate"), you should probably stop competing with this person...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I doubt your friend's dj speakers really sound that great especially being driven by a receiver. Those 15 inch woofer probably require a good amp in order to really perform well. PA speakers are designed for a different purpose. Plus there's more to good sound then just a lot of bass.

·
Registered
19,541 Posts
If they are like the ones that I have seen in pawn shops,

then it will be a couple of cheap 15" woofers, and cheap

midrange, and maybe 4 piezo tweeters for the highs. A

better quality 12 inch subwoofer, will knock them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts